East Albury 2640, New South Wales
The memorial at Peards Albury was commissioned by George and Debra Benyon and has been built in honour of Albury’s only Victoria Cross recipient Captain Albert Borella VC, MM, MID.
Officially opened in November 2014, the Albert Borella memorial is a must see when visiting the Albury Wodonga region. It consists of a life-sized bronze statue of the then Lieutenant Albert Borella VC, MM, MID, the Australian flag and a bronze blade engraved with the 100 names of Australia’s Victoria Cross recipients.
While you're there enjoy breakfast lunch or afternoon tea at Cafe Borellas which was named in honour of Captain Albert Borella in 2009 and has a collection of memorabilia on display in the cafe.
- Coach Parking
- Family Friendly
- Food and Refreshments
- Public Toilet
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.
- Caters for people with high support needs who travel with a support person.
- Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
- Caters for people who are blind or have vision loss.
- Disabled access available, contact operator for details.