Albury 2640, New South Wales
- Sun, 18th August 2019 -
Sun, 18th August 2019
Murray Art Museum Albury (MAMA) presents a new major exhibition for the Winter season, Zzzzz: Sleep, Somnambulism, Madness.
From the grand foyer entry to the main gallery upstairs, visitors will see installations, video work, drawing, painting, and sculpture that explore the realms of sleep, the subconscious, dreaming and altered states; that examine the way the sleeping figure is represented in contemporary art; and that questions the impact of work and economic pressures on relaxation.
Zzzzz is presented in a theatrical and immersive environment, as if one is walking into a series of darkened bedrooms, yet no one appears to be asleep.
Chicks on Speed
Barbora Kleinhamplová and Tereza Stejskalová
Erica Spitzer Rasmussen
The Telepathy Project
Ronnie van Hout
This exhibition has been developed by Gertrude Contemporary in partnership with Murray Art Museum Albury and the Melbourne International Arts Festival.
- Conference/Convention Facilities
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Parents Room
- Public Toilet
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids)
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.
- Caters for people with high support needs who travel with a support person.
- Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
- Caters for people who are blind or have vision loss.