Albury 2640, New South Wales
- Sat, 13th July 2019
Murray Art Museum Albury (MAMA) invites you enter the colourful, creative world of artist Kate Rohde in a day-long workshop in MAMA Studio.
Kate is renowned for her bold, colourful, contemporary jewellery pieces, and is also an exhibiting artist, including an upcoming exhibition at MAMA.
In this full day workshop, Kate will share her extensive experience in creating silicone moulds to cast resin to create sculpture and jewellery.
Students will learn the essential skills for designing their own pieces in plasticine, and make simple moulds to cast their own designs. Participants will be using easy to handle, fast setting, low odour materials for a quick and colourful result. Kate will also teach students how to finish their work, and the tools and techniques to refine their cast.
At the end of the workshop, students will be able to take home their completed mould and casts.
All materials are provided.
- Conference/Convention Facilities
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Parents Room
- Public Toilet
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids)
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.
- Caters for people with high support needs who travel with a support person.
- Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
- Caters for people who are blind or have vision loss.