QEII Square, MAMA
Albury 2640, New South Wales
- Sat, 11th July 2020
- Sun, 12th July 2020
- Mon, 13th July 2020
- Tue, 14th July 2020
- Wed, 15th July 2020
Murray Art Museum Albury (MAMA) presents its second annual architecture project, Summer Place.
Following on from the success of Plastic Palace in 2018, MAMA has commissioned CHROFI architect Joshua Zoeller, to create a vast outdoor room in QEII Square in the centre of Albury.
The design highlights the current climate emergency, and the vulnerability of this region to heatwaves and drought. Using clever design and materials, the lawns of QEII Square will be transformed into a cool, shaded place that can be enjoyed by the whole community.
CHROFI Architects is internationally recognised with a legacy of projects that are embedded in place, that solve structural urban problems, and celebrate the coming together of people, culture and life.
Murray Art Museum Albury has five to seven exhibitions on at any given time. A visit to the museum includes a visit to MAMA Store, featuring independent Australian designers and makers from the Murray region. Canvas Eatery is located on the ground floor of the museum, and takes in the sunny aspect of the QEII Square gardens.
MAMA is currently closed to visitors, however, Summer Place is in the public gardens and can still be viewed safely by visitors.
- Conference/Convention Facilities
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Parents Room
- Public Toilet
- Shop / Gift Shop
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids)
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.
- Caters for people with high support needs who travel with a support person.
- Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
- Caters for people who are blind or have vision loss.