Albury 2640, New South Wales
- Sun, 26th May 2019
Plastic obsessed Sarah Goffman has filled Murray Art Museum Albury with hundreds of colourful plastic sculptures, spanned by a 13 metre suspended bamboo bridge.
A global citizen, avid traveller and cultural appreciator, artist Sarah Goffman has long dreamed of a bridge between Australia and South East Asia, a bridge across which we embrace our neighbours and trade the best of each others cultures. The detail, care, tradition and aesthetic of Asia, combined with the casualness, humour, and the landscape of Australia.
Sarah's sculptures are creatively repurposed from garbage. Each piece has been lovingly transformed by time and imagination into objects of delight.
Murray Art Museum Albury is located in the heart of the Albury CBD. Take time to visit MAMA Store, supporting the work of makers and designers from the Murray region, together with the best independent Australian products. Dine in Canvas Eatery, with a sunny outlook from the terrace overlooking QEII Square.
- Conference/Convention Facilities
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Parents Room
- Public Toilet
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids)
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.
- Caters for people with high support needs who travel with a support person.
- Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
- Caters for people who are blind or have vision loss.