Albury 2640, New South Wales
- Sun, 30th June 2019
Murray Art Museum Albury (MAMA) presents a new solo exhibition by North East Victorian artist Susie Losch. 'New Old Stock' is an ambitious and joyful collection of new sculptural forms.
Losch finds potential for new forms in everyday and discarded materials: kitchen vessels, baking equipment, Styrofoam packaging, fruit half pecked by her chickens. The results of her experiments are intricate textures, curves and undulations that Losch feels can’t be imitated by hand. Losch’s objects are then accentuated with coloured pigment and stacked, suspended or adorned with attachments, adding an element of assemblage and relegating any former potential to an existence as pure form, with only imagined uses.
Included within Losch’s exhibition is a recent addition to MAMA’s collection by the celebrated Australian artist, Hany Armanious. The major sculpture, Figure Eight is an ode to making - the efforts of artists, labourers, craftspeople and alchemists are conjured.
This inclusion brings into conversation two quite different artists, at differing life and career stages, one with new work and one with work drawn from the museum collection, but with a shared vision of material possibility.
- Conference/Convention Facilities
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Parents Room
- Public Toilet
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids)
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.
- Caters for people with high support needs who travel with a support person.
- Caters for people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
- Caters for people who are blind or have vision loss.